Thursday 9 January 2014

Operation Move January 2014

Last year I joined in with Kate and participated in Operation Move. Well, Kate has joined forces with Zoey and together they have created Operation Move community.

 
Now apart from wanting to get fit and healthy, we are attending a wedding at the end of January and after being a lounge lizard since at least July, I'm unsure whether I will fit in the dress that I am planning to wear. So fit, healthy and slimmer was the idea behind my plan had been to walk 7.5 to 8 Km's every day in January. Luckily I woke up to myself, because after not actually doing much walking since August, I decided it was a really dumb and possibly injury causing idea.

Instead, I've signed up over at Op Move and joined the Walk 400 Challenge. The premise is to kickstart January by walking 400 minutes over the course of the month. Now that's more achieveable and much more sensible. I'm using Runkeeper to keep track of my activity. This is what I've done so far:
 
 
 
Of course I need to go in to every entry to see my times but that's okay. So far I have recorded 222 minutes and 32 seconds of walking. That's not a bad start to the month and the Walk 400 challenge. I'm hoping to get more like 1000 minutes but I'd be really happy with 800 minutes.

No comments:

 

Copyright 2011 Whining at the World | Powered by Blogger | Designed by Carly Lloyd Designs